Monday, March 2, 2009

CATACOMBS


Grandicide spitting trails I followed to my disgrace Smiling with a doubt I can’t dissuade.

Get the Fuck away Away Get the Fuck away
Away

Footsteps of Monetary morals to skip
Choirs gone sour spewing baggage bile

I found myself an abandoned home buried deep in a catacomb I found myself an abandoned home buried deep in a catacomb I found myself an abandoned home buried deep in a catacomb I found myself an abandoned home buried deep in a catacomb I found myself an abandoned home buried deep in a catacomb I found myself an abandoned home buried deep in a catacomb

Get the Fuck away
Get the Fuck away Get the Fuck away Get the Fuck away

I hot-wired my conscience now it’s bare
I hot-wired my conscience now it’s bare I hot-wired my conscience now it’s bare I hot-wired my conscience now it’s bare


JOHN: The Lyrics to this song are purposely vague, basically they are about deceiving one's own morals and hiding yourself away in grief and guilt. More important to me is that Liz has always been a big fan of the band TOOL, and I wrote this song to attempt a similar style, but I don't really know enough about that band to pull it off, so I based it more on my experience with heavy metal bands like Judas Priest and Iron Maiden, mixed in with a little Ramones for comical flavor.

No comments: